Donnerstag, 19. Juli 2007

Luzern, Switzerland: May 3-5

Ok, since I'm backtracking, I won't bore you with too many details about my trip to Luzern, Switzerland. Here are the essentials:

1. The train from Bamberg is 7 hours, and I stayed at Backpackers Lucerne.
Advertising note: This is a great hostel to stay in because they exchange money for free, the staff members are knowledgeable about the area, and so friendly! They even have a stock of coats left behind by other backpackers (all washed and clean!) which came in very useful.

2. The first day I shelled out the big bucks for a four part trip to nearby Mt. Pilatus. I first rode a boat across Lake Luzern to get on the steepest cogwheel train in the world. Once on the mountain peek, donning the hostel provided jacket (because I didn't think about it being cold on the mountain top! go me!), I hiked around and got an amazing view, despite the cloudy day. Then I took a gondola down the other side of the mountain to catch a bus back to the city.

3. It rained. A lot. I gave myself a city tour with the fairly decent tourist map and saw almost everything in half a day. I decided to cut the last day of my trip (the 6th), and the hostel had no problem with refunding the money. I walked around more on Saturday, and took the 2 pm train back to Bamberg.

4. Major points of interest: Loewendenkmal, Glacier museum, Chapel Bridge, Musegg Wall, and a myriad of small town squares with lovely architecture....like all of Europe :-) Enjoy:

Keine Kommentare: